The following events occurred in the 1920s:
- Thomas Packard inherits the Packard Sawmill. He razes the original structure and the mill is rebuilt.
- The Gold Rush and The Battleship Potemkin are screened at the Bijou Opera House.
- Dan Hayward establishes his medical practice at Calhoun Memorial Hospital.
- Douglas Milford claims to see and photograph a "giant" and a "walking owl." He unsuccessfully attempts to persuade the Regional Scoutmaster Council to investigate. He is removed from the scouts and begins "living in sin" with Pauline Cuyo.
- With scoutmaster Dwayne Milford, Boy Scouts Andrew Packard, Rusty, and Theo embark on a hike. When lightning strikes a tree, Packard sees an extremely tall man looking at him, then vanishing. He hears thudding throughout the night and in the morning, Milford finds a large footprint.
- Douglas Milford leaves Twin Peaks.
- At a screening of The Jazz Singer, Twin Peaks' last-living Civil War veteran dies from a "fatal rictus" upon hearing Jolson sing.