The following events took place in 1967:
Events[edit | edit source]
Unknown dates[edit | edit source]
- New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison arrests Clay Shaw for alleged involvement in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Shaw's first phone call is to Fred Crisman, his former OSS colleague.
- Crisman is questioned before a grand jury in the Garrison matter, but is not charged.
- The Dutchman's Lodge is demolished.
December[edit | edit source]
- December 25 – Dale Cooper receives a Norelco B2000 reel-to-reel tape-playing recorder for Christmas and records an introductory message about himself. Later, he experiments with the recorder's range using an extension cord, and brings it outside to report on Lewis Nordine flying his new model airplane.
- December 26 – Cooper visits Simms' Hardware to buy batteries for the tape recorder, and reports on the Christmas gifts received by the neighbor children. Late at night, Cooper reports that he has tried to think of a life plan involving the tape recorder but has been unsuccessful.
- December 27 – Cooper makes a tape recording at 3:00 a.m. following an asthma attack he suffered. He mentions that his mother told him about a dream she had where she was alone in a field as birds flew above, blocking the light. He also notes that she said "we can see things in our dreams that we can't see when we're awake."
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.