"Diane, 11:30 a.m., February 24th. Entering the town of Twin Peaks, five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state line. I've never seen so many trees in my life. As W.C. Fields would say, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia."
|← February →|
February 24 is the 55th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
- 1902 – A logjam catches fire in Twin Peaks, Washington and spreads ashore, lasting eight days and decimating the fledgling settlement. This event is later dubbed the "Night of the Burning River."
- 1968 – After receiving a signed note from Efrem Zimbalist, Dale Cooper proudly posts it next to his poster for The FBI Story and charges neighbor kids to look at it, until his father tells him Zimbalist would not approve.
- 1989 –
- 1989 (alternate) –
- After waiting for Laura, Leo Johnson, Jacques Renault, and Ronette Pulaski go to Jacques' cabin for a drug-fueled orgy. During the night, the three go to an abandoned train car in the graveyard nearby.
- Early in the morning at Blue Pine Lodge, Josie Packard applies makeup, while Pete Martell steps outside to go fishing.
- Ronette is found wandering along the train tracks across the Idaho border, while Laura is reported missing.
- 1990 (alternate) – One year after Laura's disappearance, Leland Palmer commits suicide by gunshot in his parked car near White Tail Falls.
Behind the scenes
- 1951 – James Craven is born.
- 1966 – Billy Zane is born.
- 2016 – Filming of Twin Peaks (2017):