- She wore a sour face, meaning that Desmond would have problems with the local authorities; they would not be receptive to the FBI.
- Both of her eyes were blinking, which meant that there would be trouble higher up.
- She had one hand in her pocket, meaning local authorities were hiding something.
- Her other hand was made into a fist, indicating that the local authorities were likely to be belligerent and aggressive.
- She is walking in place meaning that there would be a lot of legwork involved in the investigation.
- Cole stated that Lil was his "mother's sister's girl." Missing in that sentence was the word "uncle"; this was then elaborated on when Cole placed four fingers in front of his eyes like prison bars. This meant that the sheriff's uncle was in prison.
- Her dress had been tailored (with different-colored thread) to fit Lil, this being a code for drugs being involved with the investigation.
- Pinned to the dress was a blue rose.
- By pure coincidence, Lil's actress, Kimberly Ann Cole, shares her surname with Gordon Cole.