- Not to be confused with Episode 6.
Cooper observes the statue until an officer takes him home due to the law against loitering in the area.
Janey-E makes him a sandwich and tells him that she will make a doctor's appointment for him. She has him go say goodnight to Sonny Jim until she opens an unmarked envelope delivered to their home, containing a photo of Dougie with Jade. She reprimands "Dougie" until they receive a phone call from the individuals to whom Dougie owes money. She plans to meet them at the park the next day.
Mike appears to Cooper, urging him to wake up and to not die. Small sections of light begin to appear on Dougie's case files including near the names of the insurer Anthony Sinclair. Cooper marks them with scribbles, zig-zags, and other lines.
Richard Horne snorts a drug and meets with Red to discuss the trafficking of a drug called "Sparkle." Red makes a threat to make sure Horne does not double-cross him and does a magic trick with a dime.
Horne, still upset from his encounter with Red drives, speeding and illegally passing traffic, which causes him to run over and kill a child. Carl witnesses this and after seeing a golden aura float from the child's body, he goes to comfort the mother.
Duncan Todd sits in his office and a red box appears on his computer screen. He closes it out and goes to the desk behind him, where he opens a safe and removes an envelope with a black circle on the front.
Dougie's destroyed car is towed as authorities investigate, finding the back bumper on the roof of the drug-addicted mother.
Cooper goes to Dougie's work, where he is called into Bushnell Mullins' office. While initially confused by Cooper's apparently childish scribblings, he soon seems to understand the meaning behind them.
The Spike shows up at Lorraine's office and stabs her to death along with two innocent co-workers.
Richard drives to a field, where he wipes the boy's blood off of his truck's grill.
Inside a restroom, Hawk drops a coin, which rolls into a stall. He picks it up, which causes him to notice a screw missing from the stall door's paneling. He gets a small stepladder and a crowbar and pulls the paneling back to find pages.
Back at the sheriff's station, Doris comes, upset with Frank about her father's car apparently not being repaired. Deputy Chad makes cruel statements about Doris and her's and Frank's son that committed suicide.
In Alphabetical OrderEdit
- Mädchen Amick as Shelly
- Tammy Baird as Lorraine
- Ronnie Gene Blevins as Tommy
- Juan Carlos Cantu as Officer Reynaldo
- Candy Clark as Doris Truman
- Lisa Coronado as Hit and Run Mom
- Jeremy Davies as Jimmy
- Laura Dern as Diane Evans
- Josh Fadem as Phil Bisby
- Eamon Farren as Richard Horne
- Miguel Ferrer as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfield
- Patrick Fischler as Duncan Todd
- Robert Forster as Sheriff Frank Truman
- Pierce Gagnon as Sonny Jim Jones
- Hailey Gates as Drugged-out Mother
- Balthazar Getty as Red
- James Grixoni as Deputy Jesse Holcomb
- Andrea Hays as Heidi
- Michael Horse as Deputy Chief Tommy "Hawk" Hill
- Jay Jee as Patrol Officer
- Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer (opening photo only)
- Jeremy Lindholm as Mickey
- Sarah Jean Long as Miriam Sullivan
- David Lynch as FBI Deputy Director Gordon Cole
- Don Murray as Bushnell Mullins
- John Pirruccello as Deputy Chad Broxford
- Hunter Sanchez as Hit and Run Boy
- Tom Sizemore as Anthony Sinclair
- Harry Dean Stanton as Carl Rodd
- Al Strobel as Phillip Gerard
- Jodee Thelen as Maggie
- Naomi Watts as Janey-E Jones
- Nafessa Williams as Jade (photo only)
- Christophe Zajac-Denek as Ike "The Spike" Stadtler
- Sharon Van Etten:
Featured music Edit
- Written and performed by Johnny Jewel
- Courtesy of Italians Do It Better
- Written and performed by Sharon Van Etten
- Courtesy of Jagjaguwar
- "I Am (Old School Hip Hop Beat)"
- Written and performed by BluntedBeatz
- Courtesy of Columbia Records
The following names can be read on Dougie's case files:
- Insurer Anthony Sinclair on every form.
- The insured Hotel Owner Jake Cavallo on a Burglary claim form.
- The insured Nancy Deren on a non-waiver agreement.
- Investigating Officers from Clark County, Nevada: Det. Loomis and Det. Stockton.
- Insured Rod Mitchum and Brad Mitchum on a Commercial Property Owner Perils Chart.
- Insured on a Product liability supplemental application (p-1) form: David Eubank
- Insured on an Adjuster's Status Report: Scott Cameron
- Insured on a Notice of plate glass loss form: Carolyn King
Behind the scenes Edit
Ime Etuk, who plays a bodyguard is also the 2nd assistant director.
A group of fans watching the filming of the episode from across the street can be seen in a shot from inside the Double R as Shelly gives Miriam her coffee.
Most of the names on the case files are of crew members: Jake Cavallo is the art department production assistant, Nancy Deren is a set designer, David Eubank is an A camera first assistant, Scott Cameron is 1st assistant director and Carolyn King is the art department coordinator.
- Ben (Mentioned only)
- Phil Bisby
- Shelly Briggs
- Maggie Brown
- Chad Broxford
- Gordon Cole (Voice only)
- Dale Cooper
- Diane Evans (Mentioned only)
- Diane Evans (tulpa)
- Drugged-out mother
- Tommy "Hawk" Hill
- Hit and run boy
- Hit and run mom
- Jesse Holcomb
- Richard Horne
- Jade (Photograph only)
- Norma Jennings (Mentioned only)
- Dougie Jones (Photograph only)
- Janey-E Jones
- Sonny Jim Jones
- Linda (Mentioned only)
- Bushnell Mullins
- Patrol officer
- Carl Rodd
- Albert Rosenfield
- Anthony Sinclair
- Ike "The Spike" Stadtler
- Miriam Sullivan
- Duncan Todd
- Doris Truman
- Frank Truman
- Sharon Van Etten