|← September →|
September 30 is the 273rd day of the year (274th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.
- The FBI agents along with Detective Macklay and William Hastings visit 2240 Sycamore, where Hastings and Ruth Davenport previously entered the zone. Cole sees a tunnel in the sky leading to a staircase where several bearded men stand waiting. He and Albert Rosenfield then find Ruth's headless body, and photograph the coordinates written on her arm. One of the woodsmen approaches Macklay's car, and moments later Hastings' head is caved in.
- Dale Cooper, Rodney and Bradley Mitchum, and the girls perform a conga line through the Lucky 7 Insurance office and present several gifts to Bushnell Mullins. Horrified, Anthony Sinclair calls Duncan Todd and is told to eliminate Cooper within the next day.
- The Mitchums deliver a brand new gym set and a convertible to the Jones home.
- Detectives Fusco match Dougie Jones' prints to an escaped ex-FBI convict in South Dakota and, believing it to be an error, throw the report in the trash. Sinclair meets with Detective Clark and arranges to purchase aconitine with which to poison Jones.
- Macklay and Agent Preston bring coffee and donuts for Cole, Rosenfield, and Diane. Diane mentions seeing one of the strange homeless men near Macklay's car. Rosenfield shows them the coordinates from Ruth's arm.
- Night – Albert Rosenfield briefs Tammy Preston on the Blue Rose task force and offers an invitation to join. He and Gordon Cole also "deputize" Diane Evans to help them with the Cooper investigation.
- Dale Cooper's doppelganger drives to an isolated convenience store somewhere in the woods and asks the woodsmen to see Phillip Jeffries. He is taken to the Dutchman's and questions Jeffries about his activities, and about Judy. After receiving a set of numbers from Jeffries, Cooper reappears outside by his car. Richard Horne holds him up, believing he is an FBI agent his mother once knew. Cooper disarms him and tells him to get in his car. Before they leave, he sends a text message to Diane Evans.
- At the hotel bar, Diane responds to Cooper's text message, saying that her colleagues haven't asked about Las Vegas.
- Albert interrupts Gordon's date with a French woman to report on Diane's communications.
- Diane enters the coordinates she saw on Ruth Davenport's arm into her phone and discovers that they lead to Twin Peaks.
- Sonny Jim runs and play on the new gym set, while Dale and Janey-E watch adoringly.
- 9:30 p.m. PST – Sinclair and Clark meet for the exchange.
Behind the scenes
- 1939 – Len Cariou is born.
- 1964 – Monica Bellucci is born.
- 1990 – The second season of Twin Peaks premieres on ABC, with "Episode 8."
- 2015 – Filming on Twin Peaks: The Return:
- 2017 – "Part 11" airs on WOWOW.